Messed up Documents
Heard of WPs & Docs or Work Product & Documents ??
People who worked in projects knows how messy their PC is. Its messed up with 1000s of files likes
- Standard practices documents
- Previous project templates
- Progress photos
- Drawing files (Autocad, Microstation files)
- Quality testing procedures
- Etc etc etc
Initially you arrange well these documents and later you forget where exactly you kept these in your PC. Oracle Primavera P6 has solution for this and that’s what we call as WPs & Docs or Work Products and Documents.
Wps & Docs or Work Product & Documents
- WPs & Docs Feature lets track all project related documents and deliverables
- A work product or document can provide standards and guidelines for performing an activity’s work, or it can be formally identified as a project standard.
- A work product or document can also be activity output, such as blue prints and testing plans.
- You can also use the Work Products and Documents feature to identify project deliverables, documents that will be delivered to the end user or customer at the end of the project.
How to Perform WPs & Docs
- With Primavera P6 Professional, you can assign work products and documents to activities and to work breakdown structure (WBS) elements.
- During a project’s early planning stages, you can assign a work product or document to a WBS element. Later, you can assign the same work product or document to one or more activities as your project’s activity details develop.
- The Work Products and Documents feature enables you to maintain general information about project documents, such as revision date, location, and author.
Here is a video of mine that explains how to create and assign WPs & Docs in Primavera P6
Hit this button for new updates
Hit below buttons to connect with us
If you like this article, please share it with your loved ones, by sharing you motivate us to produce more such contents
Please hit below buttons to receive notifications on our latest articles